Friday, November 9, 2012

Avocado pasta


Simple, tasty and nutritious. Could those words appeal to anyone any better? 

It's a Friday night, and normally I would go out for dinner with my parents or takeaway Subway. But I opted out for something simple. Avocado pasta.

I know what some of you  might be thinking (for example, my parents). GREEN PASTA? WHAT IN THE WORLD? SIMPLE? 

But this literally takes minutes to make. '15 minutes' the recipe says. All it is is blending avocado, garlic, lemon, boiling some pasta and voila! 

It is so creamy, the texture you would normally get from a creamy pasta that has lots and lots of cream. But like one of my previous posts, I said that avocados has plentiful of benefits! If this pasta is too vegetarian for you, you can add some meat or whatever you desire like mushrooms, tomatoes etc. I would've liked to add some onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. Maybe even some chicken, but I was too lazy!

15 minute avocado pasta

Adapted from Oh she glows

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste 
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (optional)
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used wholemeal penne)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!