Saturday, February 23, 2013

Nutella cookies

Insanely and absurdly delicious.
And there's only 5 ingredients. Well, technically there's more, since Nutella has more than 1 ingredient.


But oh Nutella, chocolate spread mmm.

When I was a kid, I would just love some Nutella spread on white bread (who liked wholewheat bread at 4 years old?) And also a good shot of Milo with cold milk. Oh happy days; when I ate junk food and I had the best metabolism ever. Here, I present to you an embarrassing picture of me when I used to do ballet. I was like a stick who loved all these Malaysian packaged junk food nonsense (I would be lying if say that I've grown out of it)

Raise your hands if you were lured into McDonalds to get a Happy meal, just for the toy?  And who could forget Ribena? Every kid was/is addicted to that sweet blackcurrant drink. This led me to making Ribena popsicles. And Milo popsicles.
To your left: cream cheese brownies!
Sorry about reminiscing on my childhood memories of food. But on to these cookies; if you ever have that sudden rush of needing a quick chocolate fix bite at midnight like me, this is the answer. No need to cream butter, all you need is 5 minutes and voila! Put it in the freezer for a short while, then bake it.

These cookies sort of remind me of a Nutella truffle texture, these are such fudgy- chewy cookies!


Nutella cookies
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup Nutella
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon flour

*Chocolate chips (optional)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer (or by hand). Place dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls. Place on baking paper, at least two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cookies are set

2 comments:

  1. It is very funny that we grew up in different parts of the world, but we ate similar things. I love nutella, milo, and Ribena too! These cookies look fantastic! Gotta try soon! By the way, if you have a recipe for milo popsicle, please post it. I would love to make that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milo and Ribena were definitely my favourite beverages as a kid! Thanks, you should, it's really too easy. I may be developing a recipe for milo popsicles and also maybe even some milo marshmallows :)I'll let you know if I post that anytime soon!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!