Sunday, March 10, 2013

Banana chocolate chip pancakes


 Do you have those early mornings, where you wake up at around 6-7 AM? Some days, you're in such a deep sleep or having such a wonderful dream but is ruined by the sound of your alarm buzzing off from your phone? I'm sure most of you have those mornings. And it's a pain in the butt, but once you reach the weekend, you could scream at the top of your lungs "HALLELUJAH!"
Hallelujah for weekend breakfast; banana pancakes on a Sunday morning (no language school today for me!) are always the best. As much as I love my yoghurt with granola, pancakes will never get old for me.

But yes, I've posted a banana pancake recipe before, but this is even better! I made some plain Greek yoghurt pancakes that I saw from Kirbie's cravings quite a while ago, and was amazed and how I got such thick, fluffy and soft pancakes. The Greek yoghurt is basically the usual sour cream you put in pancakes to get a really fat and fluffy pancake. But wait? Greek yoghurt= Minus the load of calories you get from sour cream + some extra protein to build those strong muscles :) Oh but side note: there's some chocolate chips involved. Dark chocolate chips.
Without the honey
I'm perfectly fine with eating pancakes for lunch... My Asian parents think that is utterly weird.

Banana chocolate chip pancakes 
Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yoghurt (plain yoghurt would work too)
2 medium sized bananas, mashed *
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

*optional: 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips

Notes
* These would be great as plain pancakes without the bananas, but I like them with bananas

Method
1. Sift flour into a large bowl and whisk with the baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In another bowl, mix the yoghurt, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and bananas.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix only until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
4. Preheat the cooking pan to medium heat. Melt some butter or olive oil.
5. Pour the pancake batter into the cooking pan to desired size. I used an ice cream scoop, and made it level as just 1 big scoop (this will spread).
6. When the pancakes begin to bubble, flip the pancakes over and cook for another minute on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.

Adapted from Kirbie Cravings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!